Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 8

Today is the day I earn my keep at the gym...I am a shift leader in the nursery for 4.5 hours.  It affords me a full family membership, which I love.  All morning, Clark had to use the bathroom a lot.  We were going over and over.  When my shift ended, I left him there to go work out.  Right as soon as I left he had an accident and they had to change his clothes.  I know this because after I changed I realized I left my water bottle so I went back to get it.  He was not wearing the outfit I dressed him in this morning. 

Today was a running day for me.  2 minute intervals for 18 minutes.  I was so wiped out when I finished!  But I kept walking for a total of 45 minutes on the treadmill.  When I walk I  increase my speed and do the incline so it makes me sweat a little bit more and helps keep my heart rate up.  I burned 366 calories.  I went 2.6 miles. 

Food: B-Vanilla Greek yogurt, grapes  L- turkey and spinach sandwich on the thin rounds, cottage cheese, coke zero, Hersey kiss  L- dark leafy salad with chicken, almonds, oranges.  2 chocolate chip cookies, 8 oz. glass of skim milk

Baking is my weakness.  I still have dough in the fridge.  I am going to cook it all tomorrow and take it to the neighbors so I can get them out of my house.  There are packaged cookies in the cupboard, but they don't even tempt me.  It's the homemade stuff that I can't resist.  Especially my own! 

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog, Lisha. Good luck. Cookie dough is my weakness too, so I've learned to make it low cal and still hit the spot. Try playing around with recipes using fat substitutes and sugar substitutes and whole wheat flour for white flour. (That's also very good for using food storage, which is something we have to do a lot.) Cocoa powder also acts just like four in a recipe and doesn't have the same sugar effect as flour on your blood sugar, so chocolate doughs, like brownies are easy to make with a low glycemic index. Tons of recipes online. (Years and years ago I remember talking to Ryan about this. It brings back memories!)

    ReplyDelete