Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 3

I am tired...a lot.  I cannot make it through the day without a nap and it is very frustrating.   I can fall asleep anywhere, and I do if I am tired enough. That girl that slept through your econ class every period, that was me.  If I don't take a nap I walk around for about 2 hours feeling like a total zombie.  It is really interesting when I am working.  After a year, my thyroid medication dose is correct.  The medication for Insulin Resistance is effective as well.  I am also taking a B12 shot every week.  That is suppossed to give me more energy too.  We thought these things would help me not be so tired.  So now I am going to be tested for anemia and to have my calcium levels tested.  When I was having babies my iron level was always very high, but my mom is anemic so maybe it is part of getting older for me. 

At any rate, I am hoping this will provide a conclusion.  To look at me it would be easy to say I am just lazy.  I thought I was for a long time too.  I have never been sedentary, I am a waitress so that is a contradiction right there.  I have increased my activity levels a lot from where I was a few years ago.   Maybe the exercising regularly, as in every day, will prove to be a cure.  I know it can't hurt.

I went to step aerobics this morning.  I have done it before but its been a long time.  I kept getting lost and forgetting the routine.  All I could do was laugh at myself.  Very loudly I might add.  The ladies around me were smiling and encouraging me...one was trying to help me get a particularly hard step I could not figure out.  When we finished, a gal I had not even noticed came up to me and encouraged me to keep coming, it will get easier.  It was really sweet of them to be so welcoming.  I know I look silly when I exercise.  There are giant mirrors eveywhere and I am not blind.  I honestly don't care though.  Someday I will look like the skinny little ones up front that never even skip a beat...like they had practiced the routine for 3 months.  Not sure about the hot pink tennis skirt though. 

Here is the thing.  I have worked at the Apple for 2 years now. ( I trade for a full family membership, 4 1/2 hours a week which equals Monday morning for me) A lot of the women have children so I have seen them go from fat to fit over the course of time.  I know it can be done.  I know I can do it.  Consistency is the key!

Exercise:  Step Interval 50 minutes.  Walk in the neighborhood 15 minutes
Food:  B-Golden Grahams, no milk 1/2 cup.   L-Watermelon 1/4 cup.  Ham sandwich with mayo. D-Enchiladas with corn, chips & salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment