Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Slump

I've hit a wall. The holidays were hard to exercise through. Then the gym was packed so I just did my own thing ie treadmill, bike, etc. rather than fight the "New Years Resolution" crowd for a spot in class. Now I am finding it hard to get back into my routine. I also gained a few pounds back over the holidays so I feel like I am starting over.

Can anyone tell me why it takes two weeks for me to get my endurance back to the point of going through an entire class without dying, but it only takes missing the gym twice to feel that way again? I know I'm old. I know I am out of shape and fat, but I thought I was making some progress. It's actually very frustrating. And obviously hard to handle or I wouldn't be asking for advice. Any encouragement or advice is always appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Fitness is an ongoing journey that can be discouraging and frustrating, if you are going it alone...which it sounds like you are. I think you need a buddy to make it more fun or you need to change something up so it feels exciting not like "I have to work out". You know that you are on the right path when you say, "I cannot wait to workout today! I need to release some stress!"

    Remember that your diet is 80% of the equation, so treat yourself well with food too. :)
    I think you would benefit so much from my Challenge Teams. Just knowing you are in this together makes a HUGE difference!!

    It doesn't matter where you were yesterday, or where you are wanting to be...just focus on doing what you can RIGHT NOW!!

    Call me or message me anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my girl. discouragement comes in many forms. whether it's weight loss, parenting a difficult child, marriage troubles, money problems, you name it... we all have it in some form or another. the secret is to grab your challenges and leave the discouragement at the door. no on is immune to challenges. but we do get to choose how we respond to them. have a bad day, then have some good ones. LOVE YOU LOTS!! keep at it!!

    ReplyDelete